Rivian salaries revealed, from engineer to financial analyst – Business Insider
This story is available exclusively to Business Insider subscribers.
Become an Insider and start reading now.
- Rivian has become one of the most high-profile electric-vehicle startups.
- Salary data the company shared with the US government shows that employees in many positions earn more than $100,000 per year.
- The positions included in this report have salaries ranging from $76,667 to $176,667.
- Are you a current or former Rivian employee? Do you have an opinion about what it’s like to work there? Contact this reporter at email@example.com, on Signal at 646-768-4712, or via his encrypted email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
After spending nearly a decade in stealth mode, Rivian has become one of the most talked-about electric-vehicle startups since it showed off its first two vehicles in 2018.
The company’s rising profile has led to a battle for talent with Tesla and other EV startups as it prepares to launch a pickup truck and SUV next year. The cost of that fight is revealed in data Rivian has shared with the US Office of Foreign Labor Certification, including the salaries it pays for some positions. (The agency requires companies to disclose compensation for permanent and temporary employees from outside the US to ensure the firms aren’t paying them less than the average wage earned by their peers.)
The salary data Business Insider analyzed is from 2020 and represents either an average or range among employees included in Rivian’s disclosures.
“Rivian salaries vary widely according to experience, geographic location, industry norms, and demand,” a Rivian representative said. “We’re proud to compensate employees across locations and levels fairly, and to award equity to every member of our team.”
Here’s a snapshot of what some Rivian employees are earning each year:
- CAD-design engineer: $95,000
- Chassis engineer: $110,000
- Controls engineer: $110,000
- Design-release engineer: $113,650-$120,000
- Manufacturing engineer: $91,500
- Mechanical engineer: $105,000
- Perception engineer: $152,500-$160,000
- Purchasing manager: $135,000
- Quality engineer: $76,667
- Senior embedded engineer: $170,000
- Senior financial analyst: $124,300
- Senior software engineer: $151,500
- Senior systems engineer: $176,667
- Software engineer: $153,288
- Supplier quality engineer: $87,000
- Systems engineer: $134,013
- Vehicle-controls engineer: $113,000
- Vehicle crash-safety test engineer: $85,500
Are you a current or former Rivian employee? Do you have an opinion about what it’s like to work there? Contact this reporter at email@example.com, on Signal at 646-768-4712, or via his encrypted email address firstname.lastname@example.org.